This system extension allows you to send short text messages from applications supporting the "Send..." command, for example the built-in Contacts, Memos, Calendar, Tasks.
- Select "Send..." from the menu
- Select "SMS"
- The text is pasted into the message, now you can fill in the "To:" field and click Send
- It can only send Text, exactly like if you typed it yourself. The receiver will also get the data as text only. For Memos this is obviously not a problem. For Contacts, Calendar events, and Tasks you can use RNS:: TreoVCardReceiver to automatically transfer the incoming data into the associated application
- The amount of text is limited by the medium, you cannot send more than a few hundreds of characters
- And of course no binary data (it would be hard to find the binary file to match the size limit anyway)